In recent years many US medical research institutes, including Harvard Medical School have reported the following facts:
- Women aged over 30 with weight slightly above average is more likely to get coronary disease than slim women.
- A research for 115,000 women shows that the probability of slightly over-weight women get coronary disease and heart attack is two times higher than that of slim women.
- The probability of people with weight above average by 30% get coronary disease is three times higher than people in normal weight.
- The risk of women aged over 18 but over weight by 20 pounds to get coronary disease is relatively increased by two times.
- The research results show that slimming down to ideal body weight is good to health.